We are looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to become an integral part of our young and progressive team.
The right candidate will be working within our busy office, giving them the opportunity to learn and develop a broad range of business skills whilst becoming a vital part of the company’s development and growth. They can, in turn, expect a commitment from the business to ensure their training and career development opportunities are fully supported.
35 hours per week (9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday with an hour for lunch each day)
£NMW on appointment (but this is to be reviewed at 3 and 6 months in line with performance)
General administration tasks including (but not limited to)
- Answering telephone enquiries in a professional manner
- Attending to clients and visitors
- Creating and maintaining records i.e. stationery stocks, client correspondence etc.
- Receiving and checking off deliveries
- Photocopying, scanning and filing records
- Participation in staff meetings, development and training
- Ad-hoc errands i.e. hand delivery of documents to clients or post office etc.
- Attention to detail, flexibility and enthusiasm
- Must be friendly, outgoing and approachable with a positive attitude
- Ability to make informed decisions and work on own initiative
- Professional with an ability to remain calm under pressure with a strong teamwork ethic
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Hardworking and quick to learn
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail
- GCSE grade A* – C in English and Maths
Engineering Services Consultancy Ltd (ESC) is an experienced team of Building Services Engineers… we design the parts of buildings which help them live, breathe and work i.e. Mechanical Systems (heating, ventilation, drainage etc.), Electrical Systems (power, lighting, security etc.) and Passive Elements (insulation, solar shading etc.).
We are committed to promoting sustainable design and undertake ecological and sustainability assessments for our clients.
The role is based at our offices in Birmingham City Centre/Jewellery Quarter (approx. 250m from Snow Hill Station).
ESC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.