|Contract: Permanent||Hours: Full Time||Salary: Competitive|
|Location: Birmingham City Centre/Jewellery Quarter||Start Date: Immediate|
Engineering Services Consultancy Ltd (ESC) are growing mechanical, electrical & environmental design consultancy based in Birmingham. We provide building services design and advice for a range of different developments and are seeking a CAD Technician wishing to progress their career as part of a lively team in a busy office environment.
The role will primarily involve assisting the CAD team in the delivery of projects for our engineers. The successful applicant will preferably have approximately 3 years’ experience of working with CAD in the MEP building services sector.
- Producing 2D mechanical, electrical and public health drawings using mark-ups from Concept through to As Installed
- Co-ordinating between Architectural, Structural and Building Services drawings
- Working to project deadlines
- Type of drawings include: Layout plans, Sections, Elevations, Details and Schematics
- Liaison with the Mechanical and Electrical Engineers
- Electronic filing of drawings and documents received via email or disk
- Issuing of drawings
- Creating xrefs for project use
- Working with the existing CAD standards and contributing to CAD standards
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Good numeracy and literacy ability
- IT literate – must be a competent user of Microsoft Office 365
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team with a desire to advance our business and your own career
- Desire to upskill, acquire relevant qualifications and fully participate in training
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Revit MEP would be an advantage, although training will be given to the successful candidate
- Understand the basic principles of sustainable design
- GCSE Grades A-C or equivalent in English Language or Literature, Maths and a Science or Technical based subject. GNVQ’s and other relevant courses will be taken into consideration, along with your National Record of Achievement
The successful candidate will become an integral part of our growing business. We are committed to offering each of our team members fantastic development and qualification opportunities in a friendly and supportive environment. They will also benefit from a very competitive salary, a good company pension scheme and fantastic career progression prospects in a real meritocracy. We pride ourselves on working closely with a great client base, providing excellent services and advice to each of them whilst sharing our passion and commitment for improving the built environment.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 30th April 2021.