We are aware of how our industry impacts on climate breakdown and biodiversity loss and are committed to play our part in resolving these crises. To this end we are signatories of the #BuildingServicesEngineersDeclare commitment to…
- Advocate for faster change in our industry towards regenerative design practices and a higher Governmental funding priority to support this.
- Establish climate and biodiversity mitigation principles as a key measure of our industry’s success: demonstrated through awards, prizes and listings.
- Share knowledge and research to that end on an open source basis.
- Evaluate all new projects against the aspiration to contribute positively to mitigating climate breakdown, and encourage our clients to adopt this approach.
- Upgrade existing buildings for extended use as a more carbon efficient alternative to demolition and new build whenever there is a viable choice.
- Include life cycle costing, whole life carbon modelling and post occupancy evaluation as part of the basic scope of work, to reduce both embodied and operational resource use.
- Adopt more regenerative design principles in practice, with the aim of providing building services engineering design that achieves the standard of net zero carbon.
- Collaborate with clients, architects, engineers and contractors to further reduce construction waste.
- Accelerate the shift to low energy and nearly net zero energy in all our work.
- Minimise wasteful use of resources in our building services engineering design, both in quantum and in detail.
For more information on the declaration or to add your name to the list of companies who have committed please visit https://www.buildingservicesengineersdeclare.com/
#EngineersDeclare #ConstructionDeclares #ArchitectsDeclare #ClimateEmergency #BiodiversityEmergency #ClimateCrisis #BuildingServicesEngineersDeclare