We are pleased to offer an excellent opportunity for an ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER to join our respected and expanding organisation…
We are a well-established and growing business based in Birmingham city centre, providing M&E building services design, low energy and sustainability advice for a wide range of developments including commercial, office, industrial, residential and medical projects.
The role will primarily involve working within a multi-disciplined team providing design and technical advice on projects for internal and external clients.
- Design of commercial, industrial, medical, retail, extra care homes, residential and mixed use schemes etc.
- Production of drawings, reports and specifications
- Direct client and external team liaison on technical issues
- Project management & general co-ordination
- Management of suppliers/monitoring contractors
- Encouraging the use of sustainable design
- IT skills (including the ability to use industry standard software)
- Detailed knowledge of British Standards, Codes of Practices and other applicable materials
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant degree (building services engineering/electrical engineering etc.), or relevant Higher National Diploma (HND)
- A minimum of 5 years building services experience, or 5 years electrical installation supervision.
- A sound and proven knowledge of electrical building services engineering
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Building services design experience preferred
- Desire to advance our business and your own career
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Membership of relevant society (e.g. CIBSE or IET)
- Knowledge of the principles of sustainable design
- Full UK driving licence
- Engineering Council registered
- Opportunity to join a growing building services and environmental engineering consultancy
- Further training opportunities with fantastic career progression prospects
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to ESC Ltd, Griffin House, 19 Ludgate Hill, Birmingham, B3 1DW.
ESC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note we do not accept applications via recruitment agencies.