We provide Mechanical and Electrical building services design, net zero carbon, and Responsible Building advice for a wide range of developments including commercial, offices, industrial, residential and medical projects. We have earned a reputation for great client service and high-quality design output which each of our team members is committed to maintaining. We are now looking to consolidate our team by recruiting a MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER wishing to progress their career as part of a lively team in a busy office environment.
Key Responsibilities: The role will primarily involve working within a multi-disciplined team providing design and technical advice on projects for internal and external clients.
- Design of commercial, industrial, medical, retail, extra care homes, residential & mixed-use schemes etc.
- Production of drawings, reports and specifications
- Direct client and external team liaison on technical issues
- Project management & general co-ordination
- Management of suppliers/monitoring contractors
- Encouraging the use of sustainable design
- IT skills (including the ability to use industry standard software)
- Competent in the use of EDSL TAS software
- Detailed knowledge of British Standards, Codes of Practices and other applicable materials
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- HNC in building services engineering/mechanical engineering
- A sound and proven knowledge of mechanical building services engineering
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Building services design experience preferred
- Desire to advance our business and your own career
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Membership of relevant society (e.g. CIBSE)
- Knowledge of the principles of sustainable design
- Full UK driving licence
- Engineering Council registered
- Opportunity to join a growing building services and environmental engineering consultancy
- Further training opportunities with fantastic career progression prospects
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or by post to ESC Ltd, Griffin House, 19 Ludgate Hill, Birmingham, B3 1DW.
ESC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.