SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
|Contract: Permanent||Hours: Full Time||Salary: Competitive|
|Location: Birmingham City Centre/Jewellery Quarter||Start Date: Immediate|
We provide Mechanical and Electrical building services design, net zero carbon, and Responsible Building advice for a wide range of developments including commercial, offices, industrial, residential and medical projects. We have earned a reputation for great client service and high-quality design output which each of our team members is committed to maintaining. We are now looking to consolidate our team by recruiting a Senior Building Services Mechanical Design Engineer.
Key Responsibilities: The role will primarily involve working within a multi-disciplined team providing design and technical advice on projects for internal and external clients.
- Design of commercial, industrial, medical, leisure, retail, extra care homes, residential and mixed-use schemes etc.
- Production of drawings, reports and specifications
- Direct client and external team liaison on technical issues
- Project management & general co-ordination
- Management of suppliers/monitoring contractors
- Encouraging the use of sustainable design
- IT skills (including the ability to use industry standard software)
- Competent in the use of IES or EDSL TAS software
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant qualifications and/or demonstrable experience within building services engineering
- A sound and proven knowledge of mechanical building services engineering
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage colleagues where appropriate
- Building services design experience preferred
- Desire to advance our business and your own career
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Membership of relevant society (e.g. CIBSE)
- Knowledge of the principles of sustainable design
- Full UK driving licence
- Engineering Council registered
We are committed to offering each of our team members fantastic development and qualification opportunities in an employee owned business. Each team member enjoys benefits including:
|· Very competitive salary||· Flexible working arrangements|
|· Contributory pension scheme||· Generous holiday allowance|
|· Study/professional qualification assistance||· Employee-owned business|
|· Enhanced maternity/paternity/shared parental leave||· Death in service benefit|
|· Paid time off to volunteer in the community||· Cycle to work scheme|
|· Fully supported professional career progression pathway||· Employee assistance programme|
We pride ourselves on working closely with a great client base, providing excellent services and advice to each of them whilst sharing our passion and commitment for improving the built environment.
ESC Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.