The Brief: This was a new development, on a part brownfield site, of 132,000 ft² of office accommodation, pre-let to AA/Centrica. The building accommodates a range of operations, including computer rooms, call centres and radio studios.
The Engineering Difference: A four storey building with steel frame and PC plank floors, the building benefits from a central atrium that is covered in and provides considerable natural daylight to the office accommodation.
The plant consists of four central air handling units supplying air to the raised floor void, which is extracted at high level.
- Ventilated and cooled via Upflow Ventilation
- Free cooling via increasing fresh air rates
- High efficiency gas-fired boilers
- Fully integrated BMS
- Comprehensive lighting control systems with low energy fluorescent lighting
- Energy metering at all distribution points, monitored by the BMS against use trends
Client: Stoford Birchley Ltd