A brand new 37,000m2 Production, Research & Development Facility for the London Electrical Vehicle Company (LEVC) formerly know as the London Taxi Company.
The site is now the global headquarters for LEVC and will be parent-company Geely’s UK base for their R&D of their ultra-low emission vehicles.
As a reflection of LEVC’s environmental credentials, the site will have an ‘Excellent’ BREEAM rating and be ‘A’ rated for energy performance.
There are 850m2 of photovoltaic solar panels and 20 electric vehicle charging points. Compressed air systems will have their waste heat harvested in order to provide hot water. Rainwater harvesting will be used for all the building’s toilets.
BREEAM Scheme: BREEAM UK New Construction 2014
BREEAM Score: 72.3% (Design Stage)
BREEAM Rating: Excellent (Design Stage)
The Environmental Difference:
- Rainwater harvesting system
- 850m2 of photo-voltaic solar panels
- 20 electric vehicle charging points
- Compressed air systems have waste heat harvested to provide hot water
- Open plan office areas have zoned lighting and occupancy control
- Energy consuming systems are metered and linked to the building management systems