The Brief: 64 one, two and three bedroom apartments have been created within the refurbished Queen Victoria House (built in 1886) and two new three and four-storey terraces.
Queen Victoria House itself now contains 25 apartments. A Victorian-inspired arboretum links the new build terraces with the historic building. The development includes a residents lounge, bar, gym, spa and an arboretum with a Grade II listed obelisk.
The Engineering Difference: ESC was employed to carry out ACE Schedule of Services Performance Duties.
- Fire systems include, intelligent fire alarm system linked to onsite and offsite concierge
- Sprinkler and smoke ventilation
- Community heating system with Heat Interface units and Combined Heating and Power Plant (CHP)
- Fibre backbone with integrated IRS system providing super-fast internet, phone and TV services from one system
- Community services including spa and swimming pool
- Underground car park
Client: Pegasus Life/Lifestory
Value: £ confidential