We provide Mechanical and Electrical building services design, net zero carbon, and Responsible Building advice for a wide range of developments including commercial, offices, industrial, residential and medical projects. We have earned a reputation for great client service and high-quality design output which each of our team members is committed to maintaining. We are now looking to consolidate our team by recruiting a SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER.
Key Responsibilities: The role will primarily involve working within a multi-disciplined team providing design and technical advice on projects for internal and external clients.
- Design of commercial, industrial, medical, retail, extra care homes, residential and mixed-use schemes etc.
- Production of drawings, reports and specifications
- Direct client and external team liaison on technical issues
- Project management & general co-ordination
- Management of suppliers/monitoring contractors
- Encouraging the use of sustainable design
- IT skills (including the ability to use industry standard software)
- Competent in the use of IES or EDSL TAS software
- Detailed knowledge of British Standards, Codes of Practices and other applicable materials
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant degree (building services engineering/mechanical engineering etc.), or relevant Higher National Diploma (HND)
- A sound and proven knowledge of mechanical building services engineering
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage colleagues where appropriate
- Building services design experience preferred
- Desire to advance our business and your own career
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- Membership of relevant society (e.g. CIBSE)
- Knowledge of the principles of sustainable design
- Full UK driving licence
- Engineering Council registered
- Opportunity to join a growing building services and environmental engineering consultancy
- Further training opportunities with fantastic career progression prospects
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter by 8th March 2021 to email@example.com or by post to ESC Ltd, Griffin House, 19 Ludgate Hill, Birmingham, B3 1DW.